Partner, Head of Real Estate Practice
Kamil Osiński is an Advocate. He specializes in real estate law, construction and infrastructure law. He provides legal advice to Polish and foreign economic entities operating on the real estate market.
Kamil has taken part in numerous due diligence and M&A projects regarding shopping centers, office buildings, industrial properties and wind farms, He has participated in the negotiation of numerous purchase agreements of properties, management agreements, lease agreements, as well as in the preparation of analyses of the legal status of properties in the possession of state owned companies.
He specializes in issues pertaining to analysis of the legal and factual status of real properties, perpetual usufructs, real estate registration proceedings, administrative decisions issued within investment processes, restitution claims, road investments, zoning and development plans, as well as lease agreements of office premises.
He has represented companies from the real estate, production and energy industries at court, administrative as well as court-administrative proceedings to the extent of regulation of legal title to a property and, in addition, the preparation and completion of an investment.
Languages: Polish, English.
Membership: The Warsaw Bar of Advocates.
Education: The University of Warsaw (Master of Law, 2008), American Law Studies, The University of Warsaw (2007). Currently preparing his PhD thesis at the Institute of Law Studies of the Polish Academy of Sciences.
Recommendations: Kamil Osiński is a recommended lawyer in Real Estate and Construction sector by Legal 500 EMEA 2016.
- Real estate transactions
- Echo Polska Properties N.V. (EPP)
Advising Echo Polska Properties N.V. (EPP) - a leading fund operating as a REIT to jointly buy with Echo Investment S.A. a real property at ul. Towarowa 22 (formerly known as Jupiter Centrum), in Warsaw from Griffin Real Estate group, Poland's leading real estate fund, and to jointly execute an investment project a 100,000 sqm shopping centre on such real property. Towarowa 22 is a property consisting of a number of plots acquired in a series of five transactions. As a result, the property is the largest commercial area located in the centre of Warsaw, with a total area of about 6.5 ha and a development capacity of over 100,000 sqm of GLA. Value: EUR 120 million.
- Echo Polska Properties N.V. (EPP)
Advising Echo Polska Properties N.V. (EPP) - a leading fund operating as a REIT to acquire seven office buildings with almost 112,000 sqm of total gross leasing area (GLA) from Echo Investment S.A. The sold properties are: O3 Business Campus in Cracow (Phase I, II and III), Tryton Business House in Gdańsk, A4 Business Park in Katowice (Phase III) and Symetris Business Park in Łódź (Phase I and II). Value: EUR 264 million.
- Echo Polska Properties N.V. (EPP)
Advising Echo Polska Properties N.V. (EPP) - a leading fund operating as a REIT on the acquisition of real estate consisting the development of Galeria Młociny shopping center, located adjacent to Młociny Metro Station. Development on the shopping center commenced in Q2 of 2016 with opening expected in 2018. The total area of the shopping center will be 200,000 square meters. Value: Acquisition - EUR 115 million, total project budget -approx. EUR 330 million.
- Employees Provident Fund
Advising Employees Provident Fund (the Malaysian governmental social security institution) regarding credit facilities granted by United Overseas Bank Limited from Singapore for the purpose of refinancing the acquisition of properties located in Luxembourg, France and Poland. The properties in Poland include warehouse properties situated in Warsaw. Value: EUR 94 million.
- FM Logistic
Advising an international transportation company on real estate law and corporate law matters.
- Griffin Real Estate
Advising a fund managed by Griffin Real Estate on the acquisition and acquisition finance of the Raiffeisen Business Center office building located at 20 Piękna Street in Warsaw. Raiffeisen Business Center is a Class A office building, situated in one of the most prestigious locations in the centre of Warsaw: at the corner of Mokotowska, Krucza and Piękna Streets. The lettable area on eight storeys of this build¬ing is nearly 17,000 square meters, including more than 14,000 square meters of office space. Value: EUR 30 million.
Legal assistance to the IKEA group and Ikea Industry Poland related to greenfield investments in Poland, including the largest project conducted by the IKEA group in Poland - construction of a production plant in Orla, near Białystok, and development of a production plant in Lubawa.
Legal assistance to a Polish developer on the corporate restructuring of a portfolio of Polish companies responsible for a particular project in Poland. Legal assistance in several buy and sell project of Polish portfolio. Legal assistance in an IPO project.
- NewCold (Westport Capital)
Legal assistance to the US investment fund in its start-up of a business dealing with trading and distribution of frozen food. Our assistance covers inter alia: Polish companies set ups, purchase of several hectares of land in a special economic zone for the purposes of a central warehouse construction, acquisition of several local distributors, financing of the investment and other legal advice with respect to daily matters.
- NTD Offshore
Legal assistance in connection with the acquisition of a real property built-up with factories and warehouses designated for shipping industry purposes located in tri-city area in Poland: Gdańsk, Gdynia, Sopot.
- Redefine Properties Limited
Advising Redefine Properties Limited based in the RSA, listed on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange, on the acquisition of a 75 % stake in Echo Prime Properties BV from Echo Investment S.A. The aim of the transaction was to enable the buyer to take control of a portfolio of 18 commercial properties located in 11 cities across Poland, including offices and retail shopping centers. The deal is one of the largest real estate transactions undertaken recently in Europe. It is the largest ever real estate investment transaction in Poland and also the largest ever single transaction of income generating real estate assets in Central Eastern Europe. The landmark properties in the portfolio included: Pasaż Grunwaldzki in Wrocław, Galaxy in Szczecin, Galeria Echo in Kielce, Amber in Kalisz, Park Rozwoju in Warsaw, Malta Office Park in Poznań and A4 Business Park in Katowice. Value: EUR 1.2 billion.
- Skanska Group
Advising Skanska Group in connection with one of the largest transactions on the Warsaw land investment market concerning the future development of a state-of-the-art office complex including high-rise towers, concerning real property located in the center of Warsaw, adjacent to Łucka Street. Value: EUR 22 million.
- YIT Development
Advising YIT Development, part of the Finnish-based construction and property group, in the acquisition of real property located in Warsaw for the purposes of a residential development. The acquired plot is located in Warsaw's Białołęka district in the north eastern part of the city. The project consists of over 400 apartments and will be executed in 4 stages. Construction of the first phase is estimated to start in the fourth quarter of 2017. The plot is on an area of alteration of use and it is approximately 30,000 square meters. Value: Confidential.
- Bank Zachodni WBK
Legal assistance to the Bank to the extent of a due diligence analysis, including an analysis of lease agreements of office and usable space within the scope of a refinancing process for the Software Park property in Kraków.
- Bank Zachodni WBK
Legal assistance to the Bank in relation to the financing of a construction of office buildings by AVIA, financed by the GD&K Group in the amount of EUR 16 million.
- BNP Paribas
Legal assistance to the Bank to the extent of a due diligence analysis, including an analysis of lease agreements of usable space within the scope of a financing process for the Karuzela Shopping Centre property in Turek.
- Griffin Group
Legal assistance to Griffin Group fund in relation to the financing of an acquisition of the Nordic Park office complex in the amount of EUR 25 million.
- ING Finance
Legal assistance to ING Finance in relation to the refinancing of the KingCross retail complex construction in the amount of EUR 25 million.
- Oaktree (Sabal Group)
Legal assistance to a global fund, specializing in real estate, banking and lending, in relation to their potential bid for a portfolio of non-performing real estate loans amounting GBP 1.5 billion and being sold by the Irish Bank Resolution Corporation (formerly Anglo Irish Bank). The portfolio comprises approx. 600 loan contracts in 20 jurisdictions.
- Aberdeen Asset Management
Legal assistance to the German real estate fund and the owner of A and A+ class office buildings in Warsaw on lease agreements, debt collection, conflict resolution with tenants and representation in tenants' insolvency proceedings.
- Agito (Naspers Group)
Legal assistance to one of the first e-shops in Poland which is currently one of the leaders in the market, in the scope of a lease of office space in the center of the city of Warsaw.
- Bank Ochrony Środowiska (BOŚ)
Legal assistance to the Bank during the relocation of the Kaskada office building to the Feniks building. The advice comprised, inter alia, a due diligence analysis of office premises occupied by the Bank, allowing for the possibility of their consolidation, and also representation of the Bank in the processes of relocation, termination of a lease agreement and vacating of its previous location.
- Burger King
Legal assistance in establishing the Burger King chain in Poland and ongoing assistance concerning corporate, real estate, labor and tax matters.
- Cushman & Wakefield
Legal assistance to the largest worldwide private real estate services company providing property management services to A and A+ class buildings, including the Metropolitan Office Building, Focus Building and Marynarska Business Park in Warsaw, on: lease agreements for the office and commercial space, property management, debt collection, conflict resolution with tenants and representation of the landlord in tenants’ insolvency proceedings.
- Knight Frank
Advising one of the leading real estate companies on negotiating and concluding lease agreements for commercial and office space.
- Marc O’Polo
Legal assistance to the German fashion brand on drafting and negotiating lease agreements for commercial purposes, inter alia opening new stores in shopping centers throughout Poland.
Legal advice in negotiating and concluding lease agreements for office space in several A class office buildings in Warsaw and other major cities in Poland.
- Tata Global Beverages (Tetley)
Legal advice to the benefit of the British company, a major player in the FMCG sector, in its negotiation and conclusion of lease agreements for office space located in a building on ul. Żołny in Warsaw, including associated parking space.
- City of Tarnobrzeg
Representation of the City of Tarnobrzeg in court proceedings initiated by the former noble family regarding confirmation that the main real properties located within the borders of the city have been excluded from the expropriation made on the basis of the Decree on Agricultural Reform.
- Foreign associations, natural persons
Representation of the foreign associations and natural persons within court and administrative proceedings regarding restitution of real properties illegally expropriated or taken over with legal grounds in the main Polish cities.
- Griffin Group
Representation of the particular companies of the Griffin Group in administrative proceedings initiated by the former owners of the real properties and their legal successors, concerning the annulment of expropriation decisions issued on the basis of decrees issued after the Second World War, in particular on the basis of the Warsaw Decree (Dekret Bieruta).
- Investment funds
Representation of the investments funds within the procedure of acquisition of real properties regarding the validity of restitution claims of the former owners of the property submitted on the basis of decrees issued after the Second World War, in particular on the basis of the Warsaw Decree (Dekret Bieruta) and Decree on Agricultural Reform.
- Natural persons
Representation of the natural persons within administrative proceedings initiated by the former owners of the real properties and their legal successors, concerning annulment of expropriation decisions issued on the basis of the Warsaw Decree (Dekret Bieruta).
- Cushman & Wakefield
Representation of C&W in disputes with tenants relating to the performance andnon-performance of lease contracts.
- Griffin Group
Representation of a private equity fund operating in the real estate sector in a dispute for the vacation of property (the former Meble Emilia building) with the Capital City of Warsaw and the Museum of Modern Art, as well as in a dispute with administrative authorities in matters pertaining to the construction of a new office development in the center of Warsaw. Legal assistance relating to the termination of a lease agreement and eviction of tenant occupying the building without any legal title.
- Griffin Group
Representation in connection with the acquisition of 29 Listopada investment near Łazienki Park in Warsaw from former shareholders. Representation in loaning the company and then in the takeover of the borrower as well as representation in a real estate dispute concerning termination of perpetual usufruct rights to a real property. Representation in administrative and court proceedings regarding decisions required for the investment process. Representation in an international arbitration dispute against the Republic of Poland based on a bilateral investment treaty for the lost investment.
Legal assistance to the IKEA group and Ikea Industry Poland related to the acquisition of road, infrastructure and real estate properties in order to develop IKEA's factory in Orla (Białystok) and Lubawa (Mazury).
Real estate financing
Lease agreements and commercialization
Real estate restitution
Real estate litigation
Construction and administrative law
- „Kiedy można oddać lokal firmy w podnajem”, Rzeczpospolita
- Wynajmujesz mieszkanie przez Airbnb? Możesz mieć problem z usunięciem lokatora, GazetaPrawna.pl
- Rewitalizacja terenów grozi konfliktami gmin z mieszkańcami, Dziennik Gazeta Prawna
- Będzie szansa na wykup mieszkań zakładowych, Dziennik Gazeta Prawna
- Właściciel budynku na łasce wójta, Dziennik Gazeta Prawna
- Ustawą w reprywatyzację, Rzeczpospolita
- Okna i paragrafy, Rzeczpospolita
- Inside Out: KZP Helps Echo Polska Properties Acquire Seven Office Buildings in Poland, CEE Legal Matters Magazine
- Restitution claims – time for verification, Warsaw Business Journal
- KZP has advised EPP on the acquisition of King Cross Marcelin shopping centre
- Legal 500 Ranking for 2018 has been announced: KZP highly commended!
- KZP has advised EPP on the acquisition of the O3 Business Campus II
- Kochanski Zieba & Partners advises Marlin Equity Partners on the acquisition of technology company Medius Poland.
- Kochański Zięba & Partners advises Echo Polska Properties on a sale of office buildings to Griffin Premium Real Estate
- KZP lawyers participate in a charity business running event
- Kochański Zięba & Partners advised on the acquisition of Duon Dystrybucja by leading european infastructure fund Infracapital
- The Legal 500 Europe, Middle East & Africa 2017
- Kochanski Zieba & Partners advise Echo Polska Properties on the acquisition of Galeria Młociny in northern Warsaw
- Kochanski Zieba & Partners advise GENERAC HOLDINGS INC. on the acquisition of MOTORTECH HOLDING
- KZP advised ING Lease on the termination of leasing and sale of a real property in the total amount of EUR 27 million
- KZP advised Employees Provident Fund on the cross-border refinancing in the total amount of EUR 94 million
- KZP advise Echo Polska Properties on a high profile property acquisition in the centre of Warsaw
- Kochański Zięba & Partners has advised Skanska Group in connection with one of the largest transactions on the Warsaw land investment market concerning the future development of a state-of-the-art office complex including high-rise towers
- Kochanski Zieba & Partners has advised Redefine Properties Limited on the largest transaction in the history of the commercial property market in Poland – the value of the transaction exceeded PLN 5 billion
- The Legal 500 Europe, Middle East & Africa 2016
- KZP Among Firms Advising on EUR 1 Billion Real Estate Portfolio Deal in Poland
- Kochanski Zieba & Partners has advised Redefine Properties Limited on the largest transaction in the history of the commercial property market in Poland – the value of the transaction exceeded 1.1 bln EUR.
- Kochański Zięba & Partners advised a fund managed by Griffin Real Estate on the acquisition and acquisition finance of the Raiffeisen Business Center in Warsaw.
- Lawyers from KZRP commenting on the situation of the legal services market at PolskiPrawnik.pl
- Kamil Osiński in Dziennik Gazeta Prawna “There will be a chance to purchase company apartments”.
- Kamil Osiński in Dziennik Gazeta Prawna “The owner of a building is at the mercy of the commune administrator”.
- Kamil Osiński in Rzeczpospolita “Handling with re-privatization by way of an act”.
- Kamil Osiński at GazetaPrawna.pl, “Do you rent out an apartment through Airbnb? You may have a problem with removing the tenant”