Advocate, Senior Associate
Karina Fałat specializes in banking, financial, commercial and restructuring law, and focuses on advising financial institutions. As part of her experience she advised domestic and foreign financial institutions on regulatory, compliance and transactional matters. Karina advised in securitization projects, participated in the preparation and review of internal documentation for banks and other entities from the financial sector. She advised on daily legal issues related to the operations of financial institutions, such as banking secrecy, personal data protection and outsourcing of banking services.
Karina Fałat participated in a number of domestic and foreign financing and refinancing projects, real estate financings, and acquisitions of companies and assets by domestic and foreign financial institutions and companies. She participated in numerous legal due diligence investigations of business entities, including among others in real estate project financing. She also advised on the financial restructuring of companies.
Before joining the Financial Services Sector of KZP, Karina worked for reputable Polish and international law firms.
Languages: Polish, English.
Membership: The Warsaw Bar of Advocates.
Education: The University of Warsaw, Faculty of Law and Administration (Master of Law, 2012, graduated with honours).
- Legal advice on numerous real estate project financings and refinancings, including among others drafting and negotiating financial documentation, collateral agreements and any other financing documents provided to Polish and foreign banks and companies.
- Legal advice on acquisition finance issues, both to lenders and borrowers.
- Comprehensive legal advice to one of the leading banks in Poland in the process of selling the portfolio of receivables (including structuring, preparing and supervising the portfolio sale procedure).
- Daily comprehensive legal services to one of the leading automotive companies.
- Legal advice to financial institutions on developing internal compliance regulations.
- Legal advice to banks on regulatory issues, including among others banking secrecy, personal data protection, banking services outsourcing.
- Legal advice provided to a foreign bank in connection with its potential entry into the Polish market.
- Legal advice to one of the leading leasing companies, including on development of new leasing documentation.
- Legal advice to para-banking institutions in connection with new product development, as well as personal data protection and processing issues.