Karolina specialises in personal data protection, particularly in personal data processing in recruitment and employment. She has extensive experience in conducting audits for compliance with the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) in entities from, among others, the insurance, pharmaceutical, e-commerce, media, manufacturing, automotive and energy sectors, conducting trainings in the field of personal data protection and preparing personal data processing documentation. Karolina provides KZP’s clients with ongoing legal advice on personal data protection, including review of new and current business processes regarding their compliance with personal data protection laws and regulations, preparation of procedures, documents and agreements necessary for compliance, assistance in processing applications of data subjects regarding their rights under the GDPR and providing advice on agreements on entrusting personal data for processing.
Prior to joining KZP, Karolina cooperated with the law firm Barta Litwiński, specialising in personal data protection and new technologies law. She also gained experience at law firms providing legal services for businesses.
Karolina is also the author of scientific publications on the topic of personal data protection and intellectual property law and has been a speaker at national and international scientific conferences regarding personal data protection, new technologies and intellectual property. For her scientific activity, Karolina was awarded a scholarship by the Ministry of Science and Higher Education for outstanding scientific achievements.
Karolina graduated from the Faculty of Law and Administration at Jagiellonian University in the field of Law and Intellectual Property and New Media Law; the American Law Program, organized in cooperation with The Catholic University of America; Columbus School of Law; and Kraków Intellectual Property Summer Law School.
Languages: Polish, English
Education: Jagiellonian University, Faculty of Law and Administration (Master of Law); Intellectual Property Rights and New Media Law, Faculty of Law and Administration in cooperation with The Catholic University of America, Columbus School of Law – American Law Program, Kraków Intellectual Property Summer Law School.
Awards: Scholarship awarded by the Ministry of Science and Higher Education for outstanding scientific achievements (2017), 2nd Place Award for the study “Umbrella branding in pharmaceutical market as a potential risk for patients” at the 25th International Medical Students’ Conference – Medical Law Session (2017).
- Adaptation to the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation for 13 companies of a power industry corporation employing more than 25,000 people.
- Adaptation to the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation for an automotive company with more than 10,000 employees and the provision of ongoing data protection support services (secondment).
- Adaptation to the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation for 13 companies of a group operating in the market of outsourcing sales support processes, including telemarketing.
- Participation in more than 50 audits for compliance with the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation for entities from the insurance, pharmaceutical, e-commerce, media, manufacturing, automotive and energy sectors, among others.
- Drafting of documentation concerning personal data processing and documents, templates, clauses and procedures necessary for the fulfilment of obligations under legal provisions regarding the protection of personal data.
- Conducting trainings regarding personal data protection, with particular emphasis on the processing of personal data in recruitment and employment.
- Preparation of legal opinions regarding personal data protection, intellectual property law and consumer law.
- Participation in work on infringement proceedings against the collective interests of consumers before the court for the protection of competition and consumers.
- Providing legal advice in proceedings concerning access to public information before administrative courts.
- RODO. Ochrona danych osobowych w zatrudnieniu ze wzorami., Wolters Kluwer
- Chapter “Protection of personal medical data under General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)" in the monograph "Law and Medicine. VOLUME II: Facing challenges and dilemmas"
- Article "Selected problems associated with extending a legal exclusivity of medicinal products through granting a supplementary protection right" published in The Internet Legal Review of the Association of Law Students' Library of the Jagiellonian University (IPP TBSP UJ) No 3/2017.