Milena Kazanowska – Kędzierska
She specialises in providing comprehensive legal support for companies from power, gas, heating, liquid and solid fuels as well as RES sectors.
Milena has extensive experience in handling regulatory issues, supporting capital projects as well as in drafting, reviewing and negotiating agreements in the area of energy. She represents business in proceedings in front of the President of the Energy Regulatory Office, including licence and tariff proceedings, as well as proceedings for the designation of a distribution system operator and cases concerning financial penalties.
Prior to joining the KZP, she practiced in leading international and Polish law firms and was an in-house lawyer in the legal department of a company engaged in fuel imports.
Milena Kazanowska-Kędzierska graduated with a law degree from Maria Curie-Skłodowska University as the best graduate of the Faculty of Law and Administration. She is a scholar of 5th edition of the Energy Academy organised by the Lesław A. Paga Foundation.
Languages: Polish, English.
Membership: The Warsaw Bar of Advocates (3rd year trainee). Young Leaders in Energy (Member of the Auditors’ Committee).
Education: Maria Curie – Skłodowska University in Lublin, Faculty of Law and Administration (Master of Law, 2013). Warsaw School of Economics, Academy of Energy (postgraduate studies – 2017). Kozminski University in Warsaw, Department of International and European Community Law (Ph.D student). Lazarski University in Warsaw, Faculty of Law and Administration, Environmental Law (postgraduate studies – 2018).
- The oil & gas market
- Major international oil&gas company – legal assistance concerning the implementation of new obligations arising from the amendment to the Energy Law Act, so-called “fuel package” (regulatory and reporting obligations).
- Liquid fuels importing entities – legal advice regarding the fulfillment of obligations arising from the Act on stocks, e.g. obligation to maintain compulsory liquid fuels stocks and obligation to pay a stock fee. Representing the Clients in front of the President of the Material Reserves Agency.
- Leading global and Polish providers of fleet cards – legal assistance concerning obtaining licenses for trade in liquid fuels in Poland.
- Global oil&gas company – preparing procedures to ensure compliance of the company with the new obligations arising from the Act on monitoring system for the road carriage (SENT Act). Representing the Client in front of the National Fiscal Administration during the SENT inspection and in matters related to the management of convoys.
- Polish gas&oil company - comprehensive legal assistance in entering the Polish gas market, including obtaining license for trade in gaseous fuels and other required administrative decisions.
- International gas trading company – legal support concerning the implementation of new obligations arising from the Act on stocks, e.g. obligation of maintaining compulsory stock of natural gas. The electricity market
- Polish energy enterprise - comprehensive legal assistance in entering the Polish power market, including obtaining licence for trade in electricity, licence for electricity distribution, decision on designation of a distribution system operator and other required administrative decisions.
- International and Polish companies - representing Clients in front of the President of Energy Regulatory Office in proceedings concerning financial penalties i.a. for violating restrictions on supply and consumption of electricity.
- Power companies - legal advice in respect of support mechanisms for: RES, CHP, energy efficiency.
- One of the largest Polish utilities – advising in relation to regulatory issues concerning application of REMIT. Renewable energy sources
- Wind farm developer - legal assistance in administrative and court proceedings concerning e.g. environmental permits.
- Wind farm investors - Due diligence for wind farm projects.
- Producer of renewable energy - representing the Client in front of the President of the Energy Regulatory Office in proceeding concerning financial penalties.
- Brak badania zużycia energii oznacza kary, Rzeczpospolita