Advocate, Partner, Head of Infrastructure & Construction Practice
He specializes in infrastructure, construction, energy and is one of Poland’s leading experts in public procurement law.
He provides comprehensive ongoing legal advice on issues related to the performance of construction contracts, in particular contracts based on FIDIC standards. He also represents clients in litigation relating to construction contracts, including disputes with employers and subcontractors.
Paweł has extensive experience in litigation before civil and administrative courts and in arbitration proceedings. He advises, among others, construction companies, energy companies (e.g. fuel exploration and production companies, coal-fired and renewable energy power plants, CHP plants, biofuel manufacturers), manufacturing plants, including heavy industry (e.g. chemical, pharmaceutical plants, steel mills, cement plants), transport, aviation, waste management companies (including companies dealing with waste storage or energy recovery).
Paweł also advises on environmental audits of companies, in investment processes, environmental impact assessment procedures, on integrated permits, grid connections, emissions trading scheme issues, issues relating to projects for reducing greenhouse gas emissions, and energy efficiency projects.
He assists clients in obtaining financing for their projects and advises on investment risk issues (in cooperation with economists and environmental engineers).
Languages: Polish, English, German.
Membership: The Kraków Bar of Advocates.
Education: The University of Kraków (Master of Law, 2004).
- Daily legal advice to companies belonging to the Max Bögl Group on matters pertaining to the execution of projects for the construction of the A1 motorway, A2 motorway and Żyrardów bypass. Representation of Max Bögl companies in court proceedings for payments to GDDKiA and subcontractors.
- Daily legal advice to Przedsiębiorstwo Budownictwa Kolejowego i Inżynieryjnego INFRAKOL s.c. on matters pertaining to the performance of the agreement for the modernization of the railway line entered into with PKP Polskie Koleje Liniowe S.A.
- Advice to IKEA Group companies on matters related to construction law, including participation in the audit of HDF factory investment and on matters related to the use of EU funds.
- Representation of the Czech-Spanish-Austrian-Polish consortium in disputes concerning the construction of railway lines.
- Advice to Italian construction companies entering the Polish construction market.
- Long-term advice to entities applying for and performing public contracts, in particular representation before the National Appeals Chamber and in disputes within consortia.
- Mota-Engil Central Europe (Emparque). Advice to a Portuguese consortium in a tender procedure (public procurement) involving the design of underground parking lots in Kraków, Poznań and Wrocław.
- Daily assistance to developers including comprehensive legal advice on various aspects of investment projects (commercial and residential).
- The Legal 500 Europe, Middle East & Africa 2017
- Polish railways made safer by groundbreaking judgment on system interoperability
- KZRP served the Swedish group SEKAB Biofuels & Chemicals with regards an investment in Bioagra S.A.
- Paweł Gunia in dziennik Gazeta Prawna “It’s time to facilitate companies”
- Paweł Gunia in Dziennik Gazeta Prawna “Bankruptcy abroad will no longer be so simple”.