Advocate, Managing Partner, Head of Capital Markets Practice
Co-Manager of Real Estate Practice. Rafał specializes in international financial, tax and business law, focusing particularly on the commercial and tax aspects of national and international transactions, including the creation of tax efficient holding structures and the development of tax strategies for the acquisition and divestiture of company assets. His clients include banks and financial institutions, companies active in the media, FMCG, R&D, automotive, pharmaceuticals and health care, food, real estate and construction, energy and mining sectors amongst others.
Rafał has been involved in creating the digital legal services market in Poland but has recently also concentrated on bankruptcy and insolvency matters. Founder of the Kraków office, he is currently practicing from Warsaw.
Languages: Polish, English.
Membership: The Kraków Bar of Advocates.
Education: The Jagiellonian University of Kraków (Master of Law, 1996).
Recommendations: Rafał Zięba is a recommended lawyer in Arbitration sector by Global Law Experts, in Intellectual Property and in Dispute Resolution sector by Legal 500 EMEA.
- Advising Redefine Properties Limited on the acquisition of a portfolio of 18 commercial properties (offices and retail shopping centers including Pasaz Grunwaldzki in Wroclaw, Galeria Echo in Kielce, Oultet Park and Galaxy in Szczecin, Galeria Amber in Kalisz and Malta in Poznan) for a total value exceeding EUR 1.1 bln from Echo Investment S.A.
- Advising Echo Polska Properties N.V. (EPP) - a leading fund operating as a REIT to jointly buy with Echo Investment S.A. a real property at ul. Towarowa 22 (formerly known as Jupiter Centrum), in Warsaw from Griffin Real Estate group, Poland's leading real estate fund, and to jointly execute an investment project a 100,000 sqm shopping centre on such real property. Towarowa 22 is a property consisting of a number of plots acquired in a series of five transactions. As a result, the property is the largest commercial area located in the centre of Warsaw, with a total area of about 6.5 ha and a development capacity of over 100,000 sqm of GLA. Value: EUR 120 million.
- Advising Echo Polska Properties N.V. (EPP) - a leading fund operating as a REIT to acquire seven office buildings with almost 112,000 sqm of total gross leasing area (GLA) from Echo Investment S.A. The sold properties are: O3 Business Campus in Cracow (Phase I, II and III), Tryton Business House in Gdańsk, A4 Business Park in Katowice (Phase III) and Symetris Business Park in Łódź (Phase I and II). Value: EUR 264 million.
- Advising Echo Polska Properties N.V. (EPP) - a leading fund operating as a REIT on the acquisition of real estate consisting the development of Galeria Młociny shopping center, located adjacent to Młociny Metro Station. Development on the shopping center commenced in Q2 of 2016 with opening expected in 2018. The total area of the shopping center will be 200,000 square meters. Value: Acquisition - EUR 115 million, total project budget -approx. EUR 330 million.
- Aerium Properties / Bainbridge Group. Legal assistance to a private equity fund, regarding the purchase of a shopping center complex in Poland and the subsequent return lease of Carrefour hypermarkets operating within the shopping center with a value of over EUR 1.5 billion, including conducting a due diligence audit of the property, preparing sale and lease back agreements for particular locations, legal assistance in the course of negotiations and with respect to the closure of the transaction, and preparation as well as running transactions funded by bank finance.
- Advising the Skanska Group on the acquisition from the Boryszew Group S.A. of real property located in the center of Warsaw, adjacent to Łucka Street, and shall advise on the related investment process. The net value of the transaction amounted to approx. PLN 96 million; which places the transaction as one of the largest ever on the Polish land investment market in terms of value.
- Advising the Skanska Group in connection with one of the largest transactions on the Warsaw land investment market concerning the future development of a state-of-the-art office complex including high-rise towers, concerning real property located in the center of Warsaw, adjacent to Łucka Street. Value: EUR 22 million.
- Advising YIT Development, part of the Finnish-based construction and property group, in the acquisition of real property located in Warsaw for the purposes of a residential development. The acquired plot is located in Warsaw's Białołęka district in the north eastern part of the city. The project consists of over 400 apartments and will be executed in 4 stages. Construction of the first phase is estimated to start in the fourth quarter of 2017. The plot is on an area of alteration of use and it is approximately 30,000 square meters. Value: Confidential.
- Representing the Ringier Axel Springer Polska in a number of cases related to the protection of personal rights and copyrights, including representation in court and mediation proceedings.
- Legal assistance in a merger transaction between two sales and advertising offices belonging to Ringier Axel Springer Polska, the largest media group in Europe and Onet Group, the largest internet group in Poland, creating a new entity under the name of Media Impact Polska, the largest integrated sales company in Poland in the media sector.
- BSR Europe (BSR Group). Advising a group of companies specializing in real estate development, project management and engineering on the acquisition and commercialization of Bratislava Business Centers (for over 180 million PLN).
- Grupa Gerium Polska Development and Kraków City Park. Advising on the acquisition of the loans (secured and non-secured) in the amount of PLN 80 mln.
- Advising The Plaza Centers Group, a developer of shopping and entertainment centers, on the acquisition and commercialization of several shopping centers and office space throughout Poland (for over 610 million PLN).
- Siódemka S.A. (DPD Group). Legal assistance on corporate restructuring of a leading courier enterprise in Poland, linked with its merger with the majority shareholder. Legal assistance in the introduction of bonds to the alternative trading system on Catalyst market (Warsaw Stock Exchange).
- Mota-Engil Central Europe (Emparque). Advising the consortium in a project concerning tenders for building underground car parks in Cracow, Poznań and Wrocław, including environmental issues.
- „Umowa koncesji na roboty budowlane lub usługi alternatywą dla PPP”, Newsweek
- BUILT TO LAST, Warsaw Business Journal
- New advocates and legal counsellors at KZP
- Legal 500 Ranking for 2018 has been announced: KZP highly commended!
- Interview with Rafał Zięba in the Warsaw Business Journal
- Kochański Zięba & Partners advises Echo Polska Properties on a sale of office buildings to Griffin Premium Real Estate
- GABRIEL OLEARNIK – HEAD OF PRIVATE EQUITY PRACTICE AT KOCHAŃSKI ZIĘBA & PARTNERS
- New Head of the Kraków office of Kochański Zięba & Partners
- The Legal 500 Europe, Middle East & Africa 2017
- Kochanski Zieba & Partners advise Echo Polska Properties on the acquisition of Galeria Młociny in northern Warsaw
- Kochański Zięba & Partners Advised ProService on a Series of Acquisitions in the IT Industry
- Michał König (KZP) as a coach of the University of Warsaw team in the Foreign Direct Investment International Arbitration Moot
- KZP advise Echo Polska Properties on a high profile property acquisition in the centre of Warsaw
- Kochański Zięba & Partners has advised Skanska Group in connection with one of the largest transactions on the Warsaw land investment market concerning the future development of a state-of-the-art office complex including high-rise towers
- The Legal 500 Europe, Middle East & Africa 2016
- Kochanski Zieba & Partners has advised Redefine Properties Limited on the largest transaction in the history of the commercial property market in Poland – the value of the transaction exceeded 1.1 bln EUR.
- Historic Dual Listing of a Polish Company on the London Stock Exchange.
- Promotions at Kochański Zięba & Partners
- Kochański Zięba & Partners advised a fund managed by Griffin Real Estate on the acquisition and acquisition finance of the Raiffeisen Business Center in Warsaw.
- Lawyers from KZRP commenting on the situation of the legal services market at PolskiPrawnik.pl
- Largest INTA Annual Meeting in the last 137 years!
- KZRP served the Swedish group SEKAB Biofuels & Chemicals with regards an investment in Bioagra S.A.
- Kochański Zięba Rapala & Partners appoint a new Head of their Banking, Finance and Restructuring Practice.
- KZRP provides advice to the Institute for Analysis and Rating at the WSE
- Ambassador of Polish Economy 2014.
- Rafał Bobkiewicz in Rzeczpospolita “How to fight against inertia”
- Rafał Bobkiewicz on the Management Board of the Polish-Ukrainian Department of Club Español del Arbitraje