Sławomir Morawski, PhD, LL.M.
Legal Counselor, Counsel, Financial Services Practice
Sławomir Morawski specializes in legal assistance on financing transactions, banking law, regulatory aspects concerning non-banking financial institutions, factoring, as well as bankruptcy and restructuring law, including representation of the lenders in bankruptcy proceedings.
Slawomir advised mainly banks and other financial institutions on local and cross-border financing and refinancing transactions with a special focus on the real estate financing. He provided legal assistance on securitization projects and on various aspects of factoring services. His area of expertise covers also security agency aspects as well as intercreditor relationships and legal position of subordinated creditors. Slawomir has extensive experience in the field of banking litigation, including advice on the enforcement of a Loan Market Association based loan and security documentation in insolvency proceedings, including legal disputes with insolvency administrators on such issues as parallel debt, upstream guarantee and allocation of proceeds towards costs and interest.
Prior to joining KZP, Slawomir worked in the Warsaw office of Noerr, where he run the banking & finance practice.
Languages: Polish, English, German.
Membership: Warsaw Bar of Legal Advisors, Warsaw Bar of Advocates.
Education: University of Warsaw (Master of Law, 2002); University of Freiburg, Germany (LL.M., 2005); University of Freiburg, Germany (PhD, 2009); Max Planck Institute in Freiburg, Germany (Research School for Comparative Criminal Law).
- The Bank of New York Mellon - Representing lenders and security agent under syndicated loan agreement based on LMA standard in several insolvency proceedings in Poland in relation to Schieder group, including the enforcement of German law governed parallel debt in the amount of app. EUR 250 million, legal disputes with the insolvency administrators on upsteam guarantees, dealing with the insolvency-related avoidance rights, legal disputes with subordinated creditors.
- Deutsche Postbank AG - Advice on several real estate financing and refinancing projects in relation to over 40 properties in Poland (mainly office buildings and shopping centers located in Warsaw), including advise on the position of a security agent and on the restructuring of existing security interests.
- IKB Deutsche Industriebank AG - Advice on a cross-border financing transaction regarding the acquisition of a production line by a Polish producer of car parts, including advice on the change of priority of land charges and pledges over movables.
- Gobarto S.A. - Advice on a PLN 240 million facilities agreement granted by Bank Pekao to Gobarto S.A. and its subsidiaries.
- UniCredit Bank AG - Advice on several German law governed financing transactions involving Polish security grantors.
- Major Polish bank - Advice on a financing transaction regarding the acquisition of shares in a Polish retailer of electronic equipment listed on the Warsaw Stock Exchange.
- MyBucks - Advice on the transfer of consumer loans portfolio.
- Group of US based banks - Advice in connection with a securitization transaction relating to various Polish and foreign law governed trade receivables sold to several banks via an Irish SPV (including legal opinion on true sale).
- Factoring company from Credit Agricole Group -
Comprehenssive advice on Polish law aspects of the cross-border factoring services.
- Bibby Financial Services - Comprehenssive advice on the position of a factoring company in the insolvency and restructuring proceedings over the estates of its clients.
- Major German virtual bank - Advice on regulatory aspects of rendering financial services in Poland, including consumer loan, banking secrecy and payment services regulations.
- Raiffeisenlandesbank Oberösterreich AG - Advice on several Austrian law governed financing and refinancnig transaction involving Polish borrowers and security grantors.
- DZ Bank Polska S.A. - Comprehensive advice on the rescue financing of a major Polish producer of frozen food, including advice on the intercreditor agreement.
- Weltbild Polska - Advice on insolvency related issues in connection with winding up of Polish business.
- "Insolvency of the borrower’s group from the lenders’ perspective – Enforceability of upstream guarantees (part 1)” in: Monitor Prawa Bankowego, no. 1/2017 (together with Jacek Bąk) – available only in Polish.
- "Insolvency of the borrower’s group from the lenders’ perspective – Enforceability of upstream guarantees (part 2)” in: Monitor Prawa Bankowego, no. 2/2017 (together with Jacek Bąk) – available only in Polish.
- "Insolvency of the borrower’s group from the lenders’ perspective – Dealing with the competing intra-group claims” in: Monitor Prawa Bankowego, no. 3/2017 (together with Jacek Bąk) – available only in Polish.
- „International Insolvency. Group insolvency and directors‘ duties” Thomson Reuters, 2015 (chapter on Polish law together with Jacek Bąk).
- „Systeme der Ein- und Abstufung der Tatschwere. Ein deutsch – polnischer Vergleich“, Duncker & Humblot, Berlin 2011 – available only in German.